DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Safina wins Rogers Cup, her third title in six events
Dinara Safina has now won 27 of her last 30 matches.
New Delhi: Dinara Safina beat Slovakia's Dominika Cibulkova 6-2, 6-1 to win her first Rogers Cup title in Montreal.
Safina quickly seized control in the opening set, going ahead by 3-0. She soon broke her opponent again to take the first set and kept up the pressure to take a 4-0 lead in the second.
The Russian needed only 68 minutes to beat the unseeded Slovakian.
This is Safina's third title in the last six events and she has now won 27 of her last 30 matches.
Recommended For You
- Sonam Kapoor Takes The Plunge In A Dreamy Gold Gown On Cannes Red Carpet
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Pro Kabaddi League Auction: Nitin Tomar Becomes Highest Paid Player
- Aaradhaya Steals the Thunder From Mom Aishwarya at Cannes 2017
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?