Safina wins Rogers Cup, her third title in six events
Dinara Safina has now won 27 of her last 30 matches.
New Delhi: Dinara Safina beat Slovakia's Dominika Cibulkova 6-2, 6-1 to win her first Rogers Cup title in Montreal.
Safina quickly seized control in the opening set, going ahead by 3-0. She soon broke her opponent again to take the first set and kept up the pressure to take a 4-0 lead in the second.
The Russian needed only 68 minutes to beat the unseeded Slovakian.
This is Safina's third title in the last six events and she has now won 27 of her last 30 matches.
Recommended For You
- 2017 Audi A3 Facelift First Drive Review: The Future is Cylinder on Demand
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement
- Federer wants Nadal as Laver Cup doubles partner