Sai Baba Darshan timing extended for devotees
Sai Baba would be buried in the Sai Kulwanth Hall in Puttaparthi with full state honours on Wednesday.
Puttaparthi: With devotees continuing to surge into the town to offer their homage to the late Sathya Sai Baba, authorities on Tuesday extended the final darshan timing till midnight.
Three special trains from Secunderabad, Visakhapatnam and Vijayawada brought in a large number of devotees to the town on the final day of darshan.
Inspector General (Rayalaseema Region) Santosh Mehra said the darshan timing, which was to end at 6 pm today, has been extended till about midnight.
"Devotees are standing in queue of about 1.5 km and their arrival is on the rise.We are trying to ensure that all devotees have an opportunity to have final glimpse of Sai Baba," who passed away on Sunday after battling multi-organ
failure, he said.
"We have spoken to Sai Trust authorities with regards to the extension of darshan timings from 6 pm till midnight and they have agreed for the same," he said.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and External Affairs Minister SM Krishna are among the VVIPs who are expected to visit the town this evening to offer their tributes to Sai Baba.
Sai Baba would be buried in the Sai Kulwanth Hall in Puttaparthi with full state honours between 9 and 9.30 am on Wednesday.
- PM Modi Understands Pain of Our People: Baloch leader
- India Should Start Talks with Pakistan: Sitaram Yechury
- Pakistan Still in Anaesthesia After Surgery: Manohar Parrikar
- Honest Officers Being Removed Systematically: Kejriwal
- Cauvery Row: Karnataka Firm, Calls Legislature Session to Decide on SC Order
- Cauvery Row: Opposition Asks Govt Not to Release Water to Tamil Nadu
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Chairs All-Party Meet, Gowda Sits on Dharna
- Cauvery Row: Siddaramaiah Calls All-Party Meet to Decide on SC's Order to Release Water