Sai Baba Darshan timing extended for devotees
Sai Baba would be buried in the Sai Kulwanth Hall in Puttaparthi with full state honours on Wednesday.
Puttaparthi: With devotees continuing to surge into the town to offer their homage to the late Sathya Sai Baba, authorities on Tuesday extended the final darshan timing till midnight.
Three special trains from Secunderabad, Visakhapatnam and Vijayawada brought in a large number of devotees to the town on the final day of darshan.
Inspector General (Rayalaseema Region) Santosh Mehra said the darshan timing, which was to end at 6 pm today, has been extended till about midnight.
"Devotees are standing in queue of about 1.5 km and their arrival is on the rise.We are trying to ensure that all devotees have an opportunity to have final glimpse of Sai Baba," who passed away on Sunday after battling multi-organ
failure, he said.
"We have spoken to Sai Trust authorities with regards to the extension of darshan timings from 6 pm till midnight and they have agreed for the same," he said.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi and External Affairs Minister SM Krishna are among the VVIPs who are expected to visit the town this evening to offer their tributes to Sai Baba.
Sai Baba would be buried in the Sai Kulwanth Hall in Puttaparthi with full state honours between 9 and 9.30 am on Wednesday.
- Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 3 Points: Fox News Poll
- Tata Stocks Plunge on Concerns Over Cyrus Mistry Letter
- US Polls: Have Given USD 100 Million to Campaign, Will Do More, Says Trump
- Donald Trump is the Poster Boy For All That Ails US Economy: Hillary Clinton
- UK PM Theresa May had Expressed Concerns Over Brexit Weeks Before Referendum
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar