SAI recommends Lim, Engel for archery, TT coach's job
SAI has recommended Lim Chae Woong and Peter Engel's names for appointment as Archery and Table Tennis national team coaches, respectively.
New Delhi: The Sports Authority of India has recommended Lim Chae Woong and Peter Engel's names for appointment as Archery and Table Tennis national team coaches, respectively.
Korean Lim has been working with the national squad since 2002, but he is employed with the Army Sports Institute Pune, while the head coach's position in national table tennis team has been lying vacant since the 2012 London Olympics.
"Yesterday we have send the names of Lim Chae Woong and Peter Engel, recommending them for the positions of head coaches with Archery and TT teams respectively," a top SAI official said.
Lim has worked with several members of the current and past national team archers at the Tata Archery Academy in Jamshedpur and the Archery Association of India recommended his name to SAI in June.
"Since Lim's contract with the Army is over now, we have recommended his name as a full-time archery coach with SAI," the official added.
German coach Engel, who was in charge of the Spanish women's table tennis team till recently, started his career as a coach in Germany in 1990 before he headed the Netherlands national team between 1994 and 1999. He had also coached a number of clubs.
After Poland's Leszek Kucharski was axed by the Table Tennis Federation of India following the London Games last year, the TTFI was on the lookout for a new coach.
Massimo Costantini, who was India's head coach during the 2010 Commonwealth Games and Asian Games, was suppose to return for another stint but he opted to extend his contract with the Indian Community Centre in California.
- Saamna Cartoonist Expresses Regret Over Cartoon That Triggered Protests
- Saamana Office Attacked Over Cartoon Mocking Maratha Protests
- Fresh Picture of Lalu's Sons With Scribe-Murder Accused Surfaces
- Supreme Court Notice to Lalu's Son, Shahabuddin in Journalist Murder Case
- India's Uri Payback, Pulls Out of Saarc, Has Saarc Itself Become Meaningless?
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Talk and Terror Can't Go Together: MEA