Saif, Deepika are a safe bet: 'Cocktail' producer
The actors have previously worked together in 'Love Aaj Kal' and 'Aarakshan'.
Mumbai: After their chemistry clicked with the audience in 'Love Aaj Kal' and 'Aarakshan', actors Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone were cast together for the third time in 'Cocktail' as the makers felt that their pairing was 'safe'.
"In a way to have Saif and Deepika was a safe bet. Deepika has grown as an actor and Saif is amazing in this genre. People love to see him this way. After 'Love Aaj Kal', people like to see Saif and Deepika on screen," producer Dinesh Vijan told PTI.
The Homi Adajania-directed romantic comedy stars Saif, Deepika and debutante Diana Penty besides Dimple Kapadia and Boman Irani. The first look of the film was released three days ago and it has already crossed one million views on You Tube.
"The response has been great. We thought of releasing it on the internet because the reach is wider and it then goes viral," Vijan said. The promos of the film show Deepika, who plays Veronica, mouthing some bold dialogues.
"The film is for people aged between 12 and 50. It is about friendship, love, romance and has something for all kinds of audience. It is a love story. The designing of the three characters Gautam (Saif), Veronica (Deepika), Meera
(Diana)... the cool and contemporary look of the film and its music are its USP," Dinesh said.
Releasing on July 13, 'Cocktail' is made under Saif's banner Illuminati Films. When asked why the film is titled 'Cocktail', Dinesh said, "Its an English title but from an auto-driver to a person staying in a pent house, the meaning of cocktail is same for everyone - mix.
"We were earlier thinking of calling it 'Love Aaj Kal 2', but the only similarity is Saif, Deepika and Imtiaz (screenplay). We could have done that, as sequels help the prospects of a film. But this film having all necessary ingredients demanded a title like 'Cocktail'."
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
- Belkin Launches Tempered Glass Screen Protector For Apple iPhone 7, 7 Plus at Rs 2,299
- This Little Feature in iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Proves How Much Apple Cares About its Users