DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Saina crashes out of All England Championships
India's Saina Nehwal went down to Japan's Eriko Hirose 11-21, 20-22 in the quarter finals.
New Delhi: India's badminton ace Saina Nehwal crashed out of the 2011 All England Championships on Friday, going down in straight games to Japan's Eriko Hirose 11-21, 20-22 in the quarter finals.
Going into her match against Hirose, Saina had a 2-1 win-loss record against her Japanese opponent, however she was unable to come up with the answers on this occasion.
After losing the first game, Saina put up a much better show in the second but failed to take the contest into a decider.
Earlier, Saina defeated Tzu Ying Tai in her second round match 21-17 21-17 to enter the last eight.
Recommended For You
- ICC to Review Champions Trophy Security Following Manchester Attack
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO