Saina goes down to world No. 1 in Malaysia semis
The loss was Saina's fifth in a row against Yihan, who has never lost to the Indian.
Kuala Lumpur: India's Saina Nehwal lost to World No. 1 Yihan Wang of China in the women's singles semi-finals at the Malaysia Open Super Series badminton event on Saturday.
The loss was Saina's fifth in a row against Yihan, who has never lost to the Indian and beat her last in the final of the World Super Series finals in December.
Saina, ranked fourth, started well in both the games but eventually could not match the pace of her mighty opponent.
She had a 8-4 lead in the first but Yihan bounced back to take the next six points. From there on, Yihan took control of the game.
Saina was ahead 5-2 in the second game before another recovery from the reigning world champion, who did not lose the lead from 10-10.
Yihan next faces the winner of an-all Chinese semi-final between Shixian Wang and Xin Wang.
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance