Saina goes down to world No. 1 in Malaysia semis
The loss was Saina's fifth in a row against Yihan, who has never lost to the Indian.
Kuala Lumpur: India's Saina Nehwal lost to World No. 1 Yihan Wang of China in the women's singles semi-finals at the Malaysia Open Super Series badminton event on Saturday.
The loss was Saina's fifth in a row against Yihan, who has never lost to the Indian and beat her last in the final of the World Super Series finals in December.
Saina, ranked fourth, started well in both the games but eventually could not match the pace of her mighty opponent.
She had a 8-4 lead in the first but Yihan bounced back to take the next six points. From there on, Yihan took control of the game.
Saina was ahead 5-2 in the second game before another recovery from the reigning world champion, who did not lose the lead from 10-10.
Yihan next faces the winner of an-all Chinese semi-final between Shixian Wang and Xin Wang.
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Harshvardhan Kapoor is Special Because He's my First Co-Star: Saiyami Kher
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Rahul Gandhi Flays RSS, Accuses it of Trying to 'Divide India'
- Defamation Case: Rahul Gandhi Makes his Appearance in Assam Court