Saina goes down to world No. 1 in Malaysia semis
The loss was Saina's fifth in a row against Yihan, who has never lost to the Indian.
Kuala Lumpur: India's Saina Nehwal lost to World No. 1 Yihan Wang of China in the women's singles semi-finals at the Malaysia Open Super Series badminton event on Saturday.
The loss was Saina's fifth in a row against Yihan, who has never lost to the Indian and beat her last in the final of the World Super Series finals in December.
Saina, ranked fourth, started well in both the games but eventually could not match the pace of her mighty opponent.
She had a 8-4 lead in the first but Yihan bounced back to take the next six points. From there on, Yihan took control of the game.
Saina was ahead 5-2 in the second game before another recovery from the reigning world champion, who did not lose the lead from 10-10.
Yihan next faces the winner of an-all Chinese semi-final between Shixian Wang and Xin Wang.
- Donald Trump Digs in Heels, Says Will Accept Election Results if He Wins
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 3: Whose Side is Swami Om on? Sevaks or Maliks?
- CPI (M), CPI Back Vigilance Director Jacob Thomas in Kerala
- Pep Guardiola Won't Sacrifice Style Despite Barca Blunders
- As It Happened: India Vs New Zealand, 2nd ODI
- Bangladesh vs England Live Score: 1st Test, Day 1 in Chittagong
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
- Dear Zindagi First Look: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt Will Drive Your Midweek Blues Away