Saina Nehwal crashes out of Swiss Open losing in the semi-final
Saina Nehwal crashed out of Swiss Open 2013 losing the semi-final to Wang Shixian of China 11-21, 21-10, 9-21.
Basel: Defending champion and top seed Saina Nehwal crashed out of Swiss Open 2013 losing the semi-final to Wang Shixian of China 11-21, 21-10, 9-21 in 50 minutes here on Saturday night.
Saina, who had got the better of the fourth seed Chinese in previous encounters, struggled throughout the match ans it seemed she carried a a slight niggle on her right knee, which was heavily taped. Wang started the game well racing to an 8-0 lead in the first five minute of the game. Saina had a slow start and Wang capitalized taking the first game 21-11 in no time. In the second too, the former world No. 1 Wang got four consecutive points but Saina fought back playing much aggressively in the second game.
The Indian took the lead for the first time in the entire match in the second game 8-7. From there on, Saina kept increasing the gap until she took the second game 21-10. In the third and the decider game, Saina's court coverage became very poor and full stretching minimal as she did not even attempt to reach some of the easy smashes that her opponent hit.
From a competitive 6-5, Wang raced to 17-5 in quick time to take total control of the tie as she went on to seal the third game 9-21. Wang Shixian will now face Ratchanok Intanon of Thailand in the final.
Recommended For You
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- Oscars 2017: Moonlight Wins Big; Emma Stone, Casey Affleck Take Home Best Actors
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game