DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Saina Nehwal in All England quarters
She now faces a quarter-final meeting against Eriko Horise of Japan.
New Delhi: Saina Nehwal defeated Tzu Ying Tai in her second round match at the All England Badminton Championships 21-17 21-17 to enter the quarter-final of the event.
After beating Korean Seung He Bae 21-13, 21-16 in the first round, Sania made short work of her opponent from Taipei. She now faces a quarter-final meeting against Eriko Horise of Japan, who herself strolled past Ella Diehl 21-14, 21-11.
Saina has a 2-1 win-loss record against Horise so far in international tournaments.
What also adds upto Saina'a advantage is the big contenders pulling out. Another casualty to the already long list is 8th-seeded Bae Youn Joo of Taipei who crashed out to qualifier Gu Juan of Singapore in three games.
However, in the women's doubles India's pair of Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponappa failed to go past the Danish pair of Line Damkjaer Kruse and Marie Roepke, losing 17-21, 21-19, 21-18.
In the mixed doubles too, the Indian pair of Jwala Gutta and D Viju lost to the fifth-seeded Chinese pair of Tao Jiaming and Qing Tian 21-18, 21-13.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish