Saina Nehwal loses in Round 2 of Hong Kong Open
The London Olympics bronze medallist lost 19-21, 15-21 to China's Ling Wang in the season's last Super Series.
Hong Kong: World number three shuttler Saina Nehwal went down to China's Ling Wang in straight games in the women's singles second round of the $250,000 Hong Kong Open Super Series at the Hong Kong Coliseum here Thursday. The London Olympics bronze medallist lost 19-21, 15-21 in the final Super Series of the season.
With this win, World No.61 Wang extended her head-to-head to 4-2. It was also the end of the Indian challenge in the women's and mixed doubles.
In the women's doubles, Pradnya Gadre and Ashwini Ponnappa lost to Thailand's Duanganong Aroonkesorn and Kunchala Voravichitchaikul 17-21, 18-21 in 29 minutes in the second round in their first ever meeting.
In the mixed doubles category, Chinese top seeds Chen Xu and Jin Ma beat Pranaav Chopra and N Siki Reddy 21-16, 21-10 in 31 minutes in their first ever encounter.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- CBFC Refuses to Pass Lipstick Under My Burkha for Being 'Lady Oriented'
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology