DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Saina Nehwal loses in Round 2 of Hong Kong Open
The London Olympics bronze medallist lost 19-21, 15-21 to China's Ling Wang in the season's last Super Series.
Hong Kong: World number three shuttler Saina Nehwal went down to China's Ling Wang in straight games in the women's singles second round of the $250,000 Hong Kong Open Super Series at the Hong Kong Coliseum here Thursday. The London Olympics bronze medallist lost 19-21, 15-21 in the final Super Series of the season.
With this win, World No.61 Wang extended her head-to-head to 4-2. It was also the end of the Indian challenge in the women's and mixed doubles.
In the women's doubles, Pradnya Gadre and Ashwini Ponnappa lost to Thailand's Duanganong Aroonkesorn and Kunchala Voravichitchaikul 17-21, 18-21 in 29 minutes in the second round in their first ever meeting.
In the mixed doubles category, Chinese top seeds Chen Xu and Jin Ma beat Pranaav Chopra and N Siki Reddy 21-16, 21-10 in 31 minutes in their first ever encounter.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Krunal Pandya: Kept Cool Head, Knew MI's Chances Rested On My Shoulders
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings