Saina Nehwal retains third place in rankings
Among the men Parupalli Kashyap and Ajay Jayaram also held on to 23rd and 27th positions, respectively.
New Delhi: London Olympics bronze medallist Saina Nehwal retained her third place in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) women's rankings released on Friday. Saina recently lost in the final of the French Open Super Series to Japan's Minatsu Mitani after winning the Denmark Open Super Series Premier in October.
Another Hyderabadi, PV Sindhu retained her 25th position on the table. Among the men, London Olympics quarter-finalist Parupalli Kashyap and Mumbai's Ajay Jayaram also held on to 23rd and 27th positions, respectively. Sourabh Verma, who hails from Dhar, Madhya Pradesh, dropped a place to 33.
In the men's doubles, Kerala shuttlers KT Rupesh Kumar and Sanave Thomas gained a place to be 27th. Jwala Gutta, who is taking a sabbatical from the badminton tour currently, still figures in the women's and mixed doubles rankings.
In women's, Jwala and Ashwini Ponnappa are ranked 21st while in mixed doubles she is 19th with V Diju.
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- UNSC Fails to Adopt Rival Resolutions on Syria
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul