DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Saina Nehwal retains third place in rankings
Among the men Parupalli Kashyap and Ajay Jayaram also held on to 23rd and 27th positions, respectively.
New Delhi: London Olympics bronze medallist Saina Nehwal retained her third place in the Badminton World Federation (BWF) women's rankings released on Friday. Saina recently lost in the final of the French Open Super Series to Japan's Minatsu Mitani after winning the Denmark Open Super Series Premier in October.
Another Hyderabadi, PV Sindhu retained her 25th position on the table. Among the men, London Olympics quarter-finalist Parupalli Kashyap and Mumbai's Ajay Jayaram also held on to 23rd and 27th positions, respectively. Sourabh Verma, who hails from Dhar, Madhya Pradesh, dropped a place to 33.
In the men's doubles, Kerala shuttlers KT Rupesh Kumar and Sanave Thomas gained a place to be 27th. Jwala Gutta, who is taking a sabbatical from the badminton tour currently, still figures in the women's and mixed doubles rankings.
In women's, Jwala and Ashwini Ponnappa are ranked 21st while in mixed doubles she is 19th with V Diju.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa Live Score: England Get Rid of De Kock
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes