DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Saina Nehwal rises to world No. 4
Parupalli Kashyap, who reached the quarter-finals at the London Olympics, rose two places to a career-best 19th.
New Delhi: India's Olympic bronze medallist Saina Nehwal has gained a place to fourth in the world badminton rankings. Saina swapped places with China's Shixian Wang in the latest rankings announced on Wednesday by the Badminton World Federation (BWF).
Saina currently has 76331.7444 points, 300 more than Shixian, who missed the Olympics as only three players from a nation are eligible to play.
Parupalli Kashyap, who reached the quarter-finals in the men's singles at London, rose two places to a career-best 19th with 44126.69 points.
Women's doubles pair Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa jumped three places to 17th despite going out at the group stage in London.
In the mixed doubles, Jwala and her partner V Diju retained their 13th spot.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Things To Know Before Watching The Fifth Instalment
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835