Saina Nehwal seeded second at All England
Saina's best performance at the Premier Super Series tournament came in 2010 when she reached the semi-finals.
New Delhi: World No.2 Saina Nehwal is seeded second behind Olympic champion Li Xuerui in the women's singles at the All England Badminton Championships, starting in Birmingham on March 5.
Saina's best performance at the Premier Super Series tournament came in 2010 when she reached the semi-finals. The Hyderabadi will have adequate rest before reaching Birmingham as she is skipping the German Open Grand Prix Gold, beginning on February 26.
No other Indian has been seeded, though PV Sindhu (women's singles), Ajay Jayaram and Parupalli Kashyap in the men's singles are in the main draw.
Jwala Gutta will be making a comeback after a six-month sabbatical following the London Olympics. Jwala will play mixed doubles with her long-term partner V. Diju while in the women's doubles she and controversial Mumbai girl Prajakta Sawant in the qualifiers.
Ashwini Ponnappa, who had paired up with Jwala to win the World Championships bronze and the Commonwealth Games gold, is playing with Pradnya Gadre and she is playing the mixed doubles with Tarun Kona.
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal, Mulayam Camp Sacks Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan