Saina Nehwal seeded second at All England
Saina's best performance at the Premier Super Series tournament came in 2010 when she reached the semi-finals.
New Delhi: World No.2 Saina Nehwal is seeded second behind Olympic champion Li Xuerui in the women's singles at the All England Badminton Championships, starting in Birmingham on March 5.
Saina's best performance at the Premier Super Series tournament came in 2010 when she reached the semi-finals. The Hyderabadi will have adequate rest before reaching Birmingham as she is skipping the German Open Grand Prix Gold, beginning on February 26.
No other Indian has been seeded, though PV Sindhu (women's singles), Ajay Jayaram and Parupalli Kashyap in the men's singles are in the main draw.
Jwala Gutta will be making a comeback after a six-month sabbatical following the London Olympics. Jwala will play mixed doubles with her long-term partner V. Diju while in the women's doubles she and controversial Mumbai girl Prajakta Sawant in the qualifiers.
Ashwini Ponnappa, who had paired up with Jwala to win the World Championships bronze and the Commonwealth Games gold, is playing with Pradnya Gadre and she is playing the mixed doubles with Tarun Kona.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw