Saina Nehwal slides to number 4 in badminton rankings
A prolonged lean patch has taken a toll on Saina's ranking as she has dropped two places to fourth in the latest women's singles chart.
New Delhi: A prolonged lean patch has taken a toll on Saina Nehwal's ranking as the Indian shuttler has dropped two places to fourth in the latest women's singles chart.
Saina on Friday lost the quarter-finals of the Singapore Open Super Series and had also failed to defend her title in Indonesia recently. Rising star P.V. Sindhu, who pulled out of the Singapore event Open due to an injury, also dropped a place to 12th.
In the men's singles, Parupalli Kashyap also lost a spot to be 11th while R.M.V. Gurusaidutt and Ajay Jayaram maintained their 23rd and 25th places respectively.
Sourabh Verma gained five places to 37 while Mumbai boy Anand Pawar retained 38th. Thailand Open winner K Srikkanth improved his ranking by two places as he is 42 now.
B Sai Praneeth, who beat legendary Indonesian Taufik Hidayat in his swansong tournament was closely chasing Srikkanth as he is just three placed behind his compatriot after zooming up 16 places.
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- 90% Apple Lightning-to-USB Cables Sold on Amazon, Groupon Are Fake
- Dear Zindagi Teaser is Out and We Can't Stop Smiling After Watching It
- Dear Zindagi First Look: Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt Will Drive Your Midweek Blues Away