Saina Nehwal v Ratchanok Inthanon: as it happened
Saina was no match to her 18-year-old Thai opponent and lost 21-15 21-19 on Saturday.
India's badminton pride Saina Nehwal crashed out of the All England Championship semi-final following a 21-19 21-15 defeat to Thai teenager Ratchanok Inthanon on Saturday.
The London bronze medallist and world number three went down in a 40-minute match at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham.
This is the third time Saina has lost to Inthanon. She was beaten at the Sudirman Cup in 2011 and also at the Super Series Final last year. The 18-year-old Inthanon mixed the strokes and used her drops and tosses to flummox Saina.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Party
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement