Saina regains 2nd place, Kashyap becomes world number 7
Saina Nehwal regained her second place while Parupalli Kashyap continued his upward progress, earning two places to reach the seventh spot.
New Delhi: London Olympics bronze medallist Saina Nehwal regained her second place while Parupalli Kashyap continued his upward progress, earning two places to reach the seventh spot in the latest badminton world ranking Thursday.
Saina had lost a position to slip to the third spot last week but after a semifinal finish at the All England Championship, the Indian regained her place in the world ranking. London Olympics quarterfinalist Kashyap too was rewarded for a quarterfinal finish at the All England Championship.
From world number nine last week, he jumped to the seventh position. Ajay Jayaram was steady at 31st, while RMV Gurusaidutt and Sourabh Verma improved two and four places, respectively to reach 36th and 39th spot.
Anand Pawar was the other Indian at the top 50 at 44th spot. Rising women shuttler P V Sindhu remained at 16th position.
- I'm a Gujarati at Heart, Says President Pranab Mukherjee
- The Camps: Split Wide Open in UP's First Family, Who Stands Where
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav Dumps Shivpal Yadav, Three other ministers
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Timeline of Events That Led to the Present Crisis
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh