DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sajid Khan: Cinema won't create communal divide
Bollywood director Sajid Khan said cinema will never create communal divides or hurt anybody's sentiments.
Mumbai: Reacting to reports of a ban on Kamal Haasan's upcoming film 'Vishwaroopam' in Tamil Nadu, Bollywood director Sajid Khan today said cinema will never create communal divides or hurt anybody's sentiments.
"You don't know who is from which community when everyone is watching the cinema. Any person from cinema, a self-respecting person from cinema, will never make a communal divide or hurt anybody's sentiments," Sajid told reporters
Citing law and order as the reason following opposition from Muslims to the alleged negative portrayal of the community in 'Vishwaroopam', Tamil Nadu government had imposed a ban on the film's screening for fifteen days.
The film's release in Tamil Nadu has been postponed to January 28 by the Madras High Court today. The spy thriller, starring Haasan in the lead alongwith Rahul Bose, Pooja Kumar and Jaideep Ahlawat, was slated for a January 25 release.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi