Sajid Khan: Cinema won't create communal divide
Bollywood director Sajid Khan said cinema will never create communal divides or hurt anybody's sentiments.
Mumbai: Reacting to reports of a ban on Kamal Haasan's upcoming film 'Vishwaroopam' in Tamil Nadu, Bollywood director Sajid Khan today said cinema will never create communal divides or hurt anybody's sentiments.
"You don't know who is from which community when everyone is watching the cinema. Any person from cinema, a self-respecting person from cinema, will never make a communal divide or hurt anybody's sentiments," Sajid told reporters
Citing law and order as the reason following opposition from Muslims to the alleged negative portrayal of the community in 'Vishwaroopam', Tamil Nadu government had imposed a ban on the film's screening for fifteen days.
The film's release in Tamil Nadu has been postponed to January 28 by the Madras High Court today. The spy thriller, starring Haasan in the lead alongwith Rahul Bose, Pooja Kumar and Jaideep Ahlawat, was slated for a January 25 release.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Watch: Oscars Moonlight Faux Pas That Just Created History
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone