Salary for absentee officials
BANGALORE: If you think BBMP is cash-strapped, then check this. It is paying salary to the officials who are absent from wor..
BANGALORE: If you think BBMP is cash-strapped, then check this. It is paying salary to the officials who are absent from work for a long time. The fact came to light when the BBMP Standing Committee for Administrative Reforms inspected the office of the Finance Department at the central office on Monday. The committee unearthed many irregularities also.
The members of the committee found that only two officials are working as permanent employees of BBMP and the remaining are contract employees taken by Keonics. They also found that the staffers are taking work related documents to the contractors. The officials are not tracking the transactions of cheques, the committee observed.
H R Krihnappa, chairperson of the Committee, said many officials were getting salary though they did up turn up for work for a long time.
He said he has requested commissioner to conduct an inquiry in this regard.
Recommended For You
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion