DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Salary for absentee officials
BANGALORE: If you think BBMP is cash-strapped, then check this. It is paying salary to the officials who are absent from wor..
BANGALORE: If you think BBMP is cash-strapped, then check this. It is paying salary to the officials who are absent from work for a long time. The fact came to light when the BBMP Standing Committee for Administrative Reforms inspected the office of the Finance Department at the central office on Monday. The committee unearthed many irregularities also.
The members of the committee found that only two officials are working as permanent employees of BBMP and the remaining are contract employees taken by Keonics. They also found that the staffers are taking work related documents to the contractors. The officials are not tracking the transactions of cheques, the committee observed.
H R Krihnappa, chairperson of the Committee, said many officials were getting salary though they did up turn up for work for a long time.
He said he has requested commissioner to conduct an inquiry in this regard.
Recommended For You
- ICC to Review Champions Trophy Security Following Manchester Attack
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO