Sale of 5-kg LPG cylinder allowed at petrol pumps across the country
Officials say the move will be a boon to migratory population and provide them the flexibility to pick up cylinders.
New Delhi: After the success of pilot programmes in five metros Oil Minister M Veerappa Moily on Tuesday approved the sale of 5 kg cooking gas cylinders from all petrol pumps across the country despite the model code of conduct in force in Rajasthan, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram where election process for the new Assembly has been initiated.
The pilot programmes launched on October 5, 2013 allowed petrol pumps owned and operated by oil companies in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Bengaluru to sell the 5 kg LPG cylinders. Now the 5 kg LPG cylinder will available on market rate of all petrol pumps across the country.
Interestingly, the consumers will have much less paperwork at company retail outlets.
Officials say the move will be a boon to migratory population such as students, IT professionals, BPO employees and persons with odd duty timings as it would provide them the flexibility to pick up cylinders and obtain subsequent refills at time of their choice as petrol stations are open for longer hours.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology