'Salman in town' rumour leads to Kanpur violence
Salman fans went on a rampage after a rumour broke that the actor was in town to shoot his new film 'Dabangg 2'.
Kanpur: Salman Khan's fans here went on the rampage after a rumour broke that the actor was in town to shoot his new film 'Dabangg 2', forcing police to resort to baton charge and arrest six persons. The fans gathered around Bajaria police station here since afternoon hoping to catch a glimpse of the 46-year-old
star, who plays a cop in the movie. But when told that the actor is not coming, they went berserk and vandalised the police station.
Police resorted to baton charge to control the crowd and arrested six people.
Salman's brother and the film's director Arbaaz Khan had apparently come here a few days ago for finalising details of location, which started the rumour that the 'Wanted' actor was in town.
"The crowd was standing there hoping that Salman Khan is coming. To control the crowd we had to resort to lathicharge. We have filed complaint against many," said ACP Bharat Singh. It was reported that few scenes of the film were to be
shot here but the crew cancelled the shoot due to security reasons and decided to opt for Lucknow.
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Houston Shooting: At least 9 Injured, Gunman Dead
- Some of Lodha Recommendations Are Too Much: Sunil Gavaskar and Kapil Dev
- India's Test Captains Felicitated Before Start of 500th Test