Police favouring Salman in hit-and-run case: Complaint
The Mumbai metropolitan court issued summons to the actor in the 2002 case as the complaint alleged that police was delaying the trial.
Mumbai: In fresh trouble for actor Salman Khan, he has been summoned in the 2002 hit-and-run case on a complaint. The actor has been summoned by the court following a complaint that claims that the evidence in the case was faked to manipulate the trial.
The Mumbai metropolitan court issued summons to the actor in the 2002 case as the complaint alleged that the police was favouring Salman and delaying the trail. The complaint was filed by Abha Singh, a lawyer.
In 2002, Salman Khan had allegedly ran over few people while driving his car in night, killing one pavement dweller and injuring four others in the Bandra area of Mumbai.
The complaint alleged that on the basis of false information given by the police, a wrong set of doctors were examined in court during the trial. As these doctors were not concerned with the case, they were either discharged or were not examined, and as a result, the trial was delayed.
The complaint also urged the court to order an inquiry into the charges of deliberately giving false information as a result of which the trial was unnecessary delayed. It also said that giving false information to the court was an offence and this was done by the police at the behest of the actor.
The complaint further alleged that even after the court directed that correct medical officers concerned be produced as witnesses, the police once again submitted false information about the medical officers.
This was allegedly done to delay the trial so as to favour the actor who earned pecuniary gains by giving hits in Bollywood such as "Dabangg", "Ready", "Bodyguard" and "Ek Tha Tiger" besides the "Big Boss" television show, the complaint alleged. Summons have been issued to Salman and a senior Inspector of the Bandra police station.
(With Additional Inputs from PTI)
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Watch: Karan Johar Reveals His Funniest Moments On Koffee With Karan
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top 5 Victories Over Pakistan
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers