Salman Khan: Don't want to threaten Tom and Brad
Salman Khan was voted the seventh best looking man in the world by US's People magazine in 2004.
Mumbai: He was voted the seventh-best-looking man in the world and the best looking man in India by US's People magazine in 2004 but Salman Khan has maintained his distance from Hollywood, and says he has his reasons.
The Bollywood star unleashed his funny side when asked about the reason at an event organised by Indo-American Chamber Of Commerce (IACC) Wednesday.
"All my friends who have gone to America, they don't even want to come back for a holiday, wonder why. I am an actor, those guys were the 'sensible' ones, educated - engineers, doctors, scientists. These guys went there and made a lot of money, respect," he said.
"Me, I am giving Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, all these guys a chance. Otherwise...poor guys," the 46-year-old said here in a humourous way.
Salman also targeted Hollywood films.
"Amazing movies, they make anything look good. Like for example the names I took, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise. We just go on emotions and heart. We overdo anything, I mean guys like us also look really bad," said Salman.
He wrapped up the response with his arch-rival, superstar Shah Rukh Khan's famous dialogue from 'My Name Is Khan': "I mean my name is actually Khan and I actually am not a terrorist."
Besides Salman, actress Nargis Fakhri was also present at the event, where Tata Consultancy Services was formally honoured as the overall best Indian Company operating in the US at the 8th Indo American Corporate Excellence Awards.
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani