Salman Khan: I go late on movie sets, leave early
Actor Salman Khan says he hates getting out of his house to promote movies before their release.
New Delhi: Actor Salman Khan says he hates getting out of his house to promote movies before their release. The 47-year-old had a busy 2012 as he was extensively promoting his two releases 'Ek Tha Tiger' and 'Dabangg 2'. And
the superstar says he misses old days when putting up a film's poster was the only promotion required.
"I don't like movie promotions... Today you have to keep aside a month and half for promotions because producers tie up with so many brands. Producers have become kanjus (stingy) today. Back then just a films poster was enough but today you have to go to so many cities, talk to so many people. It is very hectic," said Salman.
The actor was here to attend his NGO Being Human's tie up with Coca Cola and NIIT for scaling up the beverage brand's Career Development Center - an initiative to empower and educate youth in rural areas.
Salman said he pledged his support for this cause as he thinks education and employment are important tools for developing the country. "Being human was my parents idea, I have just streamlined it. I am very proud of being a part of this initiative and hope that benefits maximum children."
When asked how does he manage his NGO between hectic movie shootings, he joked, "I go late on movie sets, leave early."
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Shivaay Advance Bookings Have Been Phenomenal: Reports
- Don't Have Grace in Dancing: Ajay Devgn
- We All Felt Golmaal 2 Was a Crap Film: Ajay Devgn
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110
- Dhanteras: Festival of Wealth
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- PM Urges Citizens to Send Their Messages to Jawans This Diwali