Salman Khan is my mentor, says director Prem Raj
Prem Raj says that he shares a mentor-mentee relationship with the superstar.
Mumbai: Director Prem Raj, who has roped in Salman Khan for a cameo in his second film 'Ishkq in Paris' after working with him in 'Main Aur Mrs Khanna', says he shares a mentor-mentee relationship with the superstar.
"Salman is my mentor and I am here because of him. It was not difficult to have him in my second film. I genuinely respect him. I have a relation with him which is like we will be friends till our last breath. Whenever I am in trouble I think of Salman," Prem told PTI.
Prem, who recovered from cancer recently, says Salman was very much concerned about his health.
"He is a genuine guy, he is not fake. When I was going through tough times he was there with me. I don't call him every 10-15 days as he is busy... I know if I need him he will be there. I want him to be happy and successful," he said.
"No one from Bollywood was there by my side as I don'tknow much people here. I am close to Preity and Salman. They both know everything about my life. They are my genuine friends," he added.
Post illness, the filmmaker now wants to spend more time with family. Prem's father passed away last year. He reportedly flew to UK in September-October last year for surgery while battling gall bladder cancer.
"My perception towards life has changed a lot (after sickness) as it was a very tough and painful time. It was a learning time. It was challenging. Its been six months and I am able to talk properly so I am happy about it," he said.
After the release of 'Ishkq in Paris' on May 24, the director wants to go on a holiday with family.
"Life throws at you such surprises that tomorrow you don't know whether you will be there or not. So, it's always best to be with your family. My family needs a break. They have seen and faced tough time with me. So now that things are good, we need to be together and enjoy," he said.
'Ishkq in Paris', a romantic film, features Preity, Rhehan Malliek and Isabelle Adjani.
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Donald Trump Announces 100-Day Presidency Plan
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- Donald Trump's Daughter, Ivanka, to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple