Salman Khan launches Katrina Kaif's sister in an Indo-Canadian film
Isabel has been signed to play the second lead opposite Kunal Nayyar in director Jean-Francois Pouliot's film.
Mumbai: Slow and steady seems to be the course of Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif's younger sister Isabel's career. She has been signed to play the second lead opposite British Indian actor Kunal Nayyar in French director Jean-Francois Pouliot's 'Dr. Cabbie'.
The film, co-produced by Salman Khan, features Vinay Virmani, who played one of the title roles in Bejoy Nambiar's undervalued 'David'.
Salman wanted to cast Isabel opposite Vinay, but by the time the decision was taken to cast her, it was too late, says a source.
"The 'G.I. Joe' actress Adriane Palicki had already been signed opposite Vinay. So Isabel stepped in to co-star with the film's second lead Kunal Nayyar, who has worked in the hit British series 'The Big Bang Theory'," said the source.
Sources from Canada, where the film is being shot, say co-producer Salman is taking a keen interest in the project and in Isabel's role.
According to sources, Isabel will make her full-fledged Bollywood debut in 2014 in a film that may be jointly co-produced by Salman and Katrina.
Speaking from Canada, the film's leading man Vinay said: "Isabel has joined our project. She's a really sweet girl, very easy-going and fun to work with."
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology