Salman Khan's 'Dabangg 2' gets a record opening
'Dabangg 2', starring Salman Khan and Sonakshi Sinha, opened across 2,500 screens against 1,800 for 'Dabangg'.
New Delhi: 'Dabangg 2', the sequel to 2010 Bollywood blockbuster 'Dabangg' has managed to surpass the opening day collections of the original movie. It amassed Rs 21.10 crore in India on the day of its release - largely because it released across a greater number of sccreens.
The movie, starring Salman Khan and Sonakshi Sinha, opened across 2,500 screens Friday against 1,800 for the previous one.
The directorial debut of actor-producer Arbaaz Khan, 'Dabangg 2' opened to packed houses and managed to rake in Rs 21.10 crore on the opening day itself.
It is said to be one of the highest opening for any non-holiday release in Bollywood till date. 'Dabangg 2' surpassed the first day collections of even Akshay Kumar's 'Rowdy Rathore', which earned Rs 15 crore. It was a non-holiday release too.
The original 'Dabangg' was directed by Abhinav Kashyap, and it had managed to rake in Rs 14.5 crore on its first day, nationally.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology