Salman's star power goes beyond films, says Karan Johar
Filmmaker Karan Johar feels Salman Khan's star power goes beyond his films.
Mumbai: Filmmaker Karan Johar feels Salman Khan's star power goes beyond his films. "He (Salman) is the big guy, he is the big ticket. His star power goes beyond films and cinema. People go to watch his films just to see him. It is out of love that people go to see his films. He is more than a superstar. He is a benchmark of humanity," Karan said when asked about the secret behind
Salman's success at 2013 FICCI Frames conference.
Karan's debut film 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' had Salman Khan in a cameo appearance. The film also had Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol and Rani Mukherjee in the lead.
Since then Salman has never featured in any of Karan's films, be it his directorial ventures or home production films.
"Salman has delivered six back-to-back blockbuster films. I think everyone would like to work with Salman Khan. I would like to work with him too. It would be a dream to work with him. He was there in my first directorial venture. I have offered him quite a few films," the producer-director said
while participating in the '1000 crore Block Buster Film' session.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology