DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Samaraweera, Paranawitharana among 6 hurt in Lahore
Six players were hurt as unidentified gunmen targeted the SL team.
Colombo: Sri Lankan cricketers Thilan Samaraweera and Tharanga Paranawitharana were among the six injured in Pakistan's Lahore city on Tuesday when gunmen targeted the team as it was entering the Gaddafi Stadium for the ongoing Test.
CEO of Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) Duleep Mendis told IANS that double centurion Samaraweera and Paranawitharana were wounded when they were entering the match venue.
"The latest reports we receive say that three other players have also sustained injuries," Mendis said.
Team captain Mahela Jayawardene's father said his son had just called his wife from Lahore to say that he too had suffered minor injuries in his leg during the attack that shocked the nation.
"We were just informed that our players were shot at while travelling to the match venue at Lahore. We are very concerned about the incident," Sri Lankan Sports Minister Gamini Lokuge said.
Five policemen escorting the team bus were killed in the attack that took place as the team was travelling to the Lahore venue to resume the second day's play of the second and last Test match.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics