DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Samba Army fracas case: Five personnel sacked
The face-off between the officer and jawans of 16th cavalry regiment had occurred in August 2012 in Samba, J&K.
Srinagar: An Army Court of Inquiry into the clash between officer and soldiers of an armoured unit in Samba sector of Jammu and Kashmir has ordered the termination of services of five jawans. The inquiry also called for administrative action against four officers, five JCOs and disciplinary action against three JCOs.
The face-off between the officer and jawans of 16th cavalry regiment had occurred in August 2012. The incident took place after a soldier, Arun V from Thiruvananthapuram, committed suicide with his service weapon after which the army ordered a CoI.
The sources said the jawan was allegedly facing some issues back home and had asked for leave which was denied by officers. After his death, the jawan's fellow soldiers protested against the officers and surrounded their residences.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017, Ind vs NZ: The Big Talking Points
- Judy Malware Hits Google Play Store Users, Upto 36.5 Million Devices Infected
- Video - One-off Rolls-Royce ‘Sweptail’ Bespoke Revealed
- Champions Trophy: Kohli Interacts With Security Personnel in London
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan