Samsung confirms to bring its Music Hub streaming service to non-Samsung devices
Samsung's Music Hub service is currently available only on the Samsung Galaxy S III and Note II.
New Delhi: Samsung is planning to make its Music hub streaming service - launched in the US last July - available for non-Samsung devices. According to a report from The Next Web, TJ Kang, SVP for Samsung Media Services said, "the plan to expand its availability goes beyond just the company's own hardware."
He said that initially, that company plans to bring Music Hub to Samsung's own phones, tablets, smart TVs and potentially even other devices such as its Android-powered connected refrigerator. However, there is no specific time frame as yet.
Samsung's Music Hub service is currently available only on the Samsung Galaxy S III and Note II. The service is currently available in six countries. The company is mulling over expanding its geographic reach this year.
Samsung Music Hub is a music site and music application which allows users to stream music online. The Next Web defines Music Hub as a cloud-based service combining a user's own library with Spotify-style streaming, radio and discovery features.
The service is powered by the music streaming company mSpot, which Samsung acquired last year in May.
- Centre Forms Three-member Committee to Keep Bird Flu in Check
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Pierce Brosnan Thought He Was Endorsing A Tooth Whitener, Twitter Had A Field Day
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
From Our Network
- Rising MNS is bad news for Shiv Sena: Ae Dil Hai Mushkil agitation helped BJP to counter its bitter ally- FirstPost
- Ramdev pegs 200% growth for Patanjali this year; promises big ticket investment in Madhya Pradesh - Pradesh18
- CM Nitish Kumar wishes speedy recovery to injured Mamata Banerjee’s nephew - Pradesh18