Samsung Galaxy SIII gets Jelly Bean update in India
The Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy S III is available for download over-the-air and through Samsung Kies.
New Delhi: Samsung has started sending out Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update to Galaxy SIII users in India. The update was made available towards the end of October in European markets.
The update is available for download over-the-air (OTA) and through Samsung's Kies software. To check for the update, users can go to settings and the go to 'About Phone' to check for the update. The size of the update is 291 MB.
The Jelly Bean update is to bring an improved and more responsive user interface along with Android's very own integrated voice recognition engine. Along with that there will be a brand new notifications bar, two home screen modes, and a reorganised settings menu for easily working the complex settings.
In addition, there is a gesture mode which allows navigation through the OS with touch and swipe gestures and speech there is also a TalkBack, which is a screen reader for Android and works on gestures.
Android Browser will also offer improved performance, along with enhanced CPU and memory efficiency post the update. With better HTML5 support, the Jelly Bean will also bring a better camera app which allows reviewing images without leaving camera app.
The biggest cheer for Indian users come from better Hindi, Kannada, Telugu, and Malayalam, with new keypad for more than 20 languages.
The Android 4.1 update will also bring changes in Notifications with clubbing of notifications from same app along with options like pinch and expand or collapse actions.
- UN Chief Offers to Mediate Between India, Pak to De-escalate Tension
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- PM Modi Holds Meeting Over Cauvery Water Sharing Dispute
- Will Tell India What is Real Surgical Strike: Hafiz Saeed
- Watch: Masand's Verdict on MS Dhoni: The Untold Story
- Cauvery Water Row: Ex-PM Deve Gowda Sits on Dharna Against 'Injustice'
- Indian Army Chief Arriving in J&K to Review Security Situation
- Directors Trust Me Because I am a Curious Actor: Sushant Singh Rajput