Samsung Galaxy Star Pro, Galaxy Trend launched at Rs 6,750, Rs 8,290
Samsung has about 14 devices, of which 4 are from Galaxy series, under Rs 10,000.
New Delhi: Intensifying competition in the mid-segment smartphone market, Samsung India launched two devices under its Galaxy series, Galaxy Star Pro and Galaxy Trend, which are priced at Rs 6,750 and Rs 8,290, respectively.
The Samsung Galaxy Star Pro is a dual SIM handset powered by a 1GHz single-core processor. It has 512MB RAM along with 4GB internal storage which can be supplemented with a 32GB microSD card. The Galaxy Star Pro has a 4-inch WVGA touchscreen and a 2 megapixel camera.
The Samsung Galaxy Trend features a 4.0-inch WVGA display with 480 x 800 pixels resolution. Powered by a 1GHz Single Core processor coupled with 512MB RAM, the Galaxy Trend offers 4GB internal memory that is expandable via microSD card to 32 GB. It is equipped with a 3 megapixel rear camera. Both Samsung Galaxy Trend and Galaxy Star Pro run Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system.
The devices come pre-loaded with nine Indian languages, including Hindi, Bengali, Punjabi, Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu and Tamil.
"Not only can consumers browse the web, send SMS, and enjoy the phone interface in any of the 9 languages, but also use exciting applications in any of these languages," the company said in a statement.
The Korean company, which has a 26 per cent share in the country's smartphone market is offering options in local languages in a bid to attract non-English speaking customers.
"Galaxy Trend and Galaxy Star Pro will provide our consumers an exceptionally rich mobile experience in regional languages with the ability to access an array of apps in their preferred language," Samsung Mobiles and IT Country Head Vineet Taneja said.
He added the company will be able to address a larger set of consumers with these devices. Both the handsets are equipped with Android's 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system.
The company has about 14 devices, of which 4 are from Galaxy series, under Rs 10,000.
(With inputs from PTI)
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- I Pray For Her Long And Healthy Life: PM Modi Wishes Lata Mangeshkar On 87th birthday
- With 84 Million Viewers, Hillary-Trump Debate Smashes Record
- Lenovo Z2 Plus With Snapdragon 820 Processor Launched At Rs 17,999
- Lenovo Z2 Plus Smartphone to Launch on September 22
- Xiaomi Mi 5S Might Get Snapdragon 821, 2K Display and 4GB RAM
- Honoured To Pay Tribute to Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan: Ali Zafar