Samsung launches Galaxy S II Plus with Android Jelly Bean
It has a 4.3-inch WVGA(480x800) Super AMOLED Plus display. The phone has an 8 megapixel rear camera with flash, and a 2 megapixel front camera.
New Delhi: Considering the success of its Galaxy S II smartphone, Samsung has now announced its next version - the Galaxy S II Plus - with a few upgrades. The GALAXY S II Plus runs Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean), thereby enables faster and smoother screen transitions. It is powered by a 1.2 GHz dual core processor, and has 1 GB RAM.
It has a 4.3-inch WVGA(480x800) Super AMOLED Plus display. The phone has an 8 megapixel rear camera with flash, and a 2 megapixel front camera. Its connectivity options include Bluetooth v 3.0, USB 2.0, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 +5GHz), WiFi Direct, NFC (optional). The phone offers 8 GB user memory, which si expandable up to 64GB using a microSD card.
The company has not yet announced the pricing and availability details.
The smartphone is complemented with intuitive features. Direct Call enables users to automatically dial a call by taking the device to the ear. Smart Stay recognises whether the user is looking at the screen to dim the screen accordingly, while Smart Alert lets users know about missed events or status updates just by picking up the phone.
Popup Video allows a video to play anywhere on the screen in a resizable pop-up window while simultaneously running other tasks, eliminating the need to close and restart videos when checking new emails or surfing the Web. S Voice lets users control the phone using their voice; and Voice Unlock lets users unlock the phone using their own voice.
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- No One Needs to Give Proof of Their Patriotism, Says CBFC Chief Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Controversy: Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Congress Hits Out at CM Fadnavis Over 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' Release, Calls Him 'Broker'
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Had Opposed MNS's Rs 5 Crore Demand in Meeting: Fadnavis