Sanam Singh loses to Davydenko at Malaysian Open
Former World No. 3 Nikolay Davydenko overpowered Sanam Singh of India to reach the second round of the Malaysian Open
Kuala Lumpur: Former World No. 3 Nikolay Davydenko overpowered Sanam Singh of India to reach the second round of the Malaysian Open tennis tournament here on Wednesday.
The 31-year-old Russian beat Singh 7-5, 6-4 to set up a second-round clash with Uzbekistan's Denis Istomin, who upset sixth seed Pablo Andujar of Spain 6-3, 6-2 earlier in the day.
In another second-round encounter, top seed David Ferrer of Spain faces Russia's Alex Bogomolov Jr, who beat British qualifier Dominic Inglot 7-5, 6-3.
The prize fund for the hard court tournament is $850,000.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Ryan Gosling's Reaction To Oscars 2017 Best Picture Mix Up Is Priceless