DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sanam Singh loses to Davydenko at Malaysian Open
Former World No. 3 Nikolay Davydenko overpowered Sanam Singh of India to reach the second round of the Malaysian Open
Kuala Lumpur: Former World No. 3 Nikolay Davydenko overpowered Sanam Singh of India to reach the second round of the Malaysian Open tennis tournament here on Wednesday.
The 31-year-old Russian beat Singh 7-5, 6-4 to set up a second-round clash with Uzbekistan's Denis Istomin, who upset sixth seed Pablo Andujar of Spain 6-3, 6-2 earlier in the day.
In another second-round encounter, top seed David Ferrer of Spain faces Russia's Alex Bogomolov Jr, who beat British qualifier Dominic Inglot 7-5, 6-3.
The prize fund for the hard court tournament is $850,000.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere