26/11: Memorial built in honour of Major Unnikrishnan
The NSG commando died during Operation Black Tornado but not before flushing out the remaining the terrorists from the Taj hotel.
Bangalore: A memorial for 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks martyr Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan was inaugurated in Bangalore on Monday, on the occasion of the fourth anniversary of the attacks that left 166 people dead and over 300 injured.
The statue was unveiled a short while earlier. The NSG commando died during Operation Black Tornado but not before flushing out the remaining the terrorists from the Taj hotel.
The 31-year-old was posthumously awarded the Ashok Chakra, along with other martyrs Tukaram Omble, Ashok Kamte, Vijay Salaskar and Hemant Karkare.
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Neelabh's Toon: Akhilesh, Shivpal Spar Creates Rift in Samajwadi Party
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- Bigg Boss 9 Contestants Rochelle and Keith Are Spending Some Quality Time In Thailand
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics