26/11: Memorial built in honour of Major Unnikrishnan
The NSG commando died during Operation Black Tornado but not before flushing out the remaining the terrorists from the Taj hotel.
Bangalore: A memorial for 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks martyr Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan was inaugurated in Bangalore on Monday, on the occasion of the fourth anniversary of the attacks that left 166 people dead and over 300 injured.
The statue was unveiled a short while earlier. The NSG commando died during Operation Black Tornado but not before flushing out the remaining the terrorists from the Taj hotel.
The 31-year-old was posthumously awarded the Ashok Chakra, along with other martyrs Tukaram Omble, Ashok Kamte, Vijay Salaskar and Hemant Karkare.
Recommended For You
- Mercedes-Benz E-Class Extended Wheelbase Launched at Rs 56.15 Lakh
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Brie Larson Refused to Applaud for Casey Affleck As She Gave The Oscar
- Watch: How VJ Bani Debunks Stereotypes With Her Heavy Weight Training
- Big Boy Rahkeem Cornwall Welcomes England to Caribbean Islands