26/11: Memorial built in honour of Major Unnikrishnan
The NSG commando died during Operation Black Tornado but not before flushing out the remaining the terrorists from the Taj hotel.
Bangalore: A memorial for 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks martyr Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan was inaugurated in Bangalore on Monday, on the occasion of the fourth anniversary of the attacks that left 166 people dead and over 300 injured.
The statue was unveiled a short while earlier. The NSG commando died during Operation Black Tornado but not before flushing out the remaining the terrorists from the Taj hotel.
The 31-year-old was posthumously awarded the Ashok Chakra, along with other martyrs Tukaram Omble, Ashok Kamte, Vijay Salaskar and Hemant Karkare.
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta
- Philippines' Duterte Sparking Distress Around the World, Says US
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- AASU Threatens to Foil BJP's Move to Extend Citizenship to Minority Communities From Pak, Bangladesh
- Pakistan to Stage 'Fly-In, Fly-Out' T20 Final in Lahore
- Ranji Trophy, Group B: Rajasthan Bowl Assam Out for 69, Record Innings Win