Sania-Bethanie in quarters, Bopanna-Ram knocked out of Sony Open
Sania Mirza and Bethanie Mattek-Sands overcame Jarmila Gajdosova and Sabine Lisicki to win 6-1, 3-6, 10-7 in the second round.
Miami: Sania Mirza kept the Indian hopes alive by progressing to the women's doubles quarter-finals even as country's challenge ended in the men's doubles with the defeat of Rohan Bopanna and his partner Rajeev Ram in the second round of ATP-WTA Sony Open.
Sania and her American partner Bethanie Mattek-Sands overcame a fighting pair of Jarmila Gajdosova and Sabine Lisicki 6-1, 3-6, 10-7 in the second round. They will now fight it out with Sara Errani and Roberta Vinci for a place in the semi-finals. In the men's doubles second round, unseeded Bopanna and Ram were knocked out by formidable second-seeded pair of Marcel Granollers and Marc Lopez 6-4, 7-6(5).
Somdev Devvarman was floored by world number one Novak Djokovic in the men's singles while Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi had exited from the doubles after suffering second-round defeats with their respective partners.
Recommended For You
- 'I Keep Doing It' Declares Wembley Hero Zlatan Ibrahimovic
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Aamir Khan's Latest TVC On Gender Equality Is Getting All The Praise It Deserves
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game