DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sania-Bethanie reach summit clash of Stuttgart WTA
The unseeded Indo-American pair carved out a 6-4 7-5 win over local favourite of Angelique Kerber and Andrea Petkovic in the semifinals.
Stuttgart: Sania Mirza and Bethanie Mattek-Sands earned themselves a shot at their third title of the season by reaching the final of the WTA Porsche Tennis Grand Prix.
The unseeded Indo-American pair carved out a 6-4 7-5 win over local favourite combination of Angelique Kerber and Andrea Petkovic in the semifinals in one hour and 31 minutes. Sania and Bethanie converted six breakpoints and saved nine on their own serve.
They will clash with giant-killers and another local favourites Sabine Lisicki and Mona Barthel, who got the better of Darija Jurak of Croatia and Katalin Marosi 6-3 6-4 in the other semifinal of the USD 795,707 clay court event.
Sania and Bethanie had won Brisbane and Dubai events early in the year.
Recommended For You
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Jab We Met, Chak De! India and Other Films That Turn 10 in 2017
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan