Sania-Bethanie reach summit clash of Stuttgart WTA
The unseeded Indo-American pair carved out a 6-4 7-5 win over local favourite of Angelique Kerber and Andrea Petkovic in the semifinals.
Stuttgart: Sania Mirza and Bethanie Mattek-Sands earned themselves a shot at their third title of the season by reaching the final of the WTA Porsche Tennis Grand Prix.
The unseeded Indo-American pair carved out a 6-4 7-5 win over local favourite combination of Angelique Kerber and Andrea Petkovic in the semifinals in one hour and 31 minutes. Sania and Bethanie converted six breakpoints and saved nine on their own serve.
They will clash with giant-killers and another local favourites Sabine Lisicki and Mona Barthel, who got the better of Darija Jurak of Croatia and Katalin Marosi 6-3 6-4 in the other semifinal of the USD 795,707 clay court event.
Sania and Bethanie had won Brisbane and Dubai events early in the year.
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- 'Daring Voice of India's Pride' at UNGA Wins Applause From AAP
- UNGA: Sushma Says Kashmir Integral Part of India; Asks Pakistan To Stop Dreaming
- Indian Minister Disowned UN Resolutions in Speech: Pakistan
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again