Sania-Bethanie reach summit clash of Stuttgart WTA
The unseeded Indo-American pair carved out a 6-4 7-5 win over local favourite of Angelique Kerber and Andrea Petkovic in the semifinals.
Stuttgart: Sania Mirza and Bethanie Mattek-Sands earned themselves a shot at their third title of the season by reaching the final of the WTA Porsche Tennis Grand Prix.
The unseeded Indo-American pair carved out a 6-4 7-5 win over local favourite combination of Angelique Kerber and Andrea Petkovic in the semifinals in one hour and 31 minutes. Sania and Bethanie converted six breakpoints and saved nine on their own serve.
They will clash with giant-killers and another local favourites Sabine Lisicki and Mona Barthel, who got the better of Darija Jurak of Croatia and Katalin Marosi 6-3 6-4 in the other semifinal of the USD 795,707 clay court event.
Sania and Bethanie had won Brisbane and Dubai events early in the year.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India