Sania-Bethanie win Brisbane title
Sania-Bethanie edged out Czech-German duo of Anna-Lena Groenefeld and Kveta Peschke 4-6, 6-4, 10-7 in a battle lasting little over one hour thirty minutes.
Brisbane: Sania Mirza began her 2013 campaign in style by winning the Brisbane International tennis tournament with American partner Bethanie Mattek-Sands here on Saturday.
Sania-Bethanie edged out Czech-German duo of Anna-Lena Groenefeld and Kveta Peschke 4-6, 6-4, 10-7 in a battle lasting little over one hour thirty minutes. There was very little to choose between the teams until the Indo-American pair clinched the issue in the super tie-break.
The win has come at the right time for Sania-Bethanie, who would like to maintain their impressive run in the Australian Open beginning January 14.
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- Need to Create Pressure for Longer Spells, Says NZ Coach Mike Hesson