Sania crashes out of Madrid Open
Sania Mirza went down to her in-form doubles partner Elena Vesnina 4-6, 3-6.
Madrid: Indian tennis ace Sania Mirza was sent packing from the Madrid open following a first-round defeat to Russia's Elena Vesnina.
Sania succumbed 4-6, 3-6 in a match that lasted for over an hour without posing any serious threat to her doubles partner.
The Hyderabadi, who looked jittery with her first serve, committed seven double faults.
Sania, however, remains in contention for the doubles event of the euro 3,500,000 tournament as she gears up to face eighth-seeded Czech pair of Iveta Benesova and Barbora Zahlavova Strycova, with Vesnina.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards
- PV Sindhu Says All England is Like Any Other Super Series for Her