DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sania-Elena go down fighting in Madrid
The unseeded Indo-Russian pair lost 5-7 5-7 after battling for one hour and 40 minutes.
Madrid: Sania Mirza and Elena Vesnina bowed out of the Madrid Open after losing their quarter-final in straight sets to second seeds Kveta Peschke of Czech Republic and Katarina Serbotnik of Slovania, here on Thursday.
The unseeded Indo-Russian pair lost 5-7 5-7 after battling for one hour and 40 minutes in the last-eight pairs clash of the euro 3,500,000 clay court event.
Sania and Elena had their chances but could not cash in on the break chances as they squandered four opportunities in the first set and five in the second.
The second seed pair curbed the mistakes as the game progressed and benefitted.
Sania and Elena earned 250 ranking points each and split euro 15,500 as prize money.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Cricket Australia Believes Revenue Model is Starving Grassroots