DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sania fails to make Cincinnati main draw
She lost the second and final round of the qualifiers against American Alexa Glatch in straight sets.
New York: India's Sania Mirza failed to make the main draw of the $2,050,000 Western and Southern tennis tournament at Cincinnati for the second successive year when she lost the second and final round of the qualifiers against American Alexa Glatch in straight sets.
Sania, a semifinalist here four years ago and ranked 65 on the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) charts, lost rather tamely 2-6, 4-6 to the 151st-ranked Glatch on Sunday.
Thus, India will be without any player in the singles as Somdev Devvarman crashed out of the men's qualifiers Saturday, beaten by Turkey's Marsel Ilhan, 4-6, 6-7 (3).
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet