DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sania-Nuria bow out of Kremlin Cup
Third seeds Sania and Nuria lost the hard fought second round match 5-7, 4-6 after battling it out for one hour and 41 minutes.
Moscow: Sania Mirza could not end the season on a high as she and her partner Nuria Llagostera Vives were sent packing from the WTA Kremlin Cup by the American pair of Raquel Kops-Jones and Abigail Spears, here on Thursday.
Third seeds Sania and Nuria, who had ended runners-up at the prestigious China WTA event recently, lost the hard fought second round match 5-7, 4-6 after battling it out for one hour and 41 minutes.
The two players struggled to hold serve in the first set as the Indo-Spanish pair lost serve thrice and the Americans twice. In the second set, Sania and Nuria failed to cash in on the break chances that dented their chances to make a comeback. Out of four, they could convert just one and dropped their serve twice to crash out of the tournament.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Take Time Off After Practicing Hard in London
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh Joins Squad After Illness
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong