Sania-Nuria bow out of Kremlin Cup
Third seeds Sania and Nuria lost the hard fought second round match 5-7, 4-6 after battling it out for one hour and 41 minutes.
Moscow: Sania Mirza could not end the season on a high as she and her partner Nuria Llagostera Vives were sent packing from the WTA Kremlin Cup by the American pair of Raquel Kops-Jones and Abigail Spears, here on Thursday.
Third seeds Sania and Nuria, who had ended runners-up at the prestigious China WTA event recently, lost the hard fought second round match 5-7, 4-6 after battling it out for one hour and 41 minutes.
The two players struggled to hold serve in the first set as the Indo-Spanish pair lost serve thrice and the Americans twice. In the second set, Sania and Nuria failed to cash in on the break chances that dented their chances to make a comeback. Out of four, they could convert just one and dropped their serve twice to crash out of the tournament.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone