Sania-Nuria enter China Open final
The Indo-Spanish pair downed the sixth seed team of Katarina Srebotnik and Jie Zheng 7-5 6-1 in the semi-finals.
Beijing: Sania Mirza on Friday earned the opportunity to end her 2012 season with a title win as she reached the summit clash of the China Open with her partner Nuria Llagostera Vives.
The fifth seeded Indo-Spanish pair downed the sixth seed team of Katarina Srebotnik of Slovakia and Jie Zheng of China 7-5 6-1 in the semifinals of the USD 4,828,050 hard court event.
They play third seeded Russian pair of Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina, who defeated fellow Russian Maria Kirilenko and Nadia Petrova 6-4 7-5 in their semifinal.
It will be fifth final of the season for Sania, who will not compete in the rest of the season.
She won two titles this season, one with Australian Anastasia Rodionova (in Pattaya) and one with American Bethanie Mattek-Sands (in Brussels).
She ended runners-up with Vesnina at Dubai and Indian Wells.
Meanwhile, the India pair of Rohan Bopanna and Mahesh Bhupathi carshed out of the men's doubles event with a 2-6 6-7 (8) defeat at the hands of Alternate pair of Argentine Carlos Berlocq and Denis Istomin of Uzbekistan.
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Iraqi Forces Prepare to Retake Key Areas in Mosul
- Akhilesh Yadav Sacks Shivpal From Ministry, Mulayam Camp Expels Ram Gopal
- No Mercy: Stage Set For Big Showdown Between Mulayam and Akhilesh Camps
- Samajwadi Party Family Feud: Timeline of Happenings in Uttar Pradesh Pari-war
- CM's Prerogative, Says Congress on Sacking of 4 UP Ministers