DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sania-Nuria enter China Open final
The Indo-Spanish pair downed the sixth seed team of Katarina Srebotnik and Jie Zheng 7-5 6-1 in the semi-finals.
Beijing: Sania Mirza on Friday earned the opportunity to end her 2012 season with a title win as she reached the summit clash of the China Open with her partner Nuria Llagostera Vives.
The fifth seeded Indo-Spanish pair downed the sixth seed team of Katarina Srebotnik of Slovakia and Jie Zheng of China 7-5 6-1 in the semifinals of the USD 4,828,050 hard court event.
They play third seeded Russian pair of Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina, who defeated fellow Russian Maria Kirilenko and Nadia Petrova 6-4 7-5 in their semifinal.
It will be fifth final of the season for Sania, who will not compete in the rest of the season.
She won two titles this season, one with Australian Anastasia Rodionova (in Pattaya) and one with American Bethanie Mattek-Sands (in Brussels).
She ended runners-up with Vesnina at Dubai and Indian Wells.
Meanwhile, the India pair of Rohan Bopanna and Mahesh Bhupathi carshed out of the men's doubles event with a 2-6 6-7 (8) defeat at the hands of Alternate pair of Argentine Carlos Berlocq and Denis Istomin of Uzbekistan.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Priyanka Chopra Meets PM Modi In Berlin