Sania-Nuria enter China Open final
The Indo-Spanish pair downed the sixth seed team of Katarina Srebotnik and Jie Zheng 7-5 6-1 in the semi-finals.
Beijing: Sania Mirza on Friday earned the opportunity to end her 2012 season with a title win as she reached the summit clash of the China Open with her partner Nuria Llagostera Vives.
The fifth seeded Indo-Spanish pair downed the sixth seed team of Katarina Srebotnik of Slovakia and Jie Zheng of China 7-5 6-1 in the semifinals of the USD 4,828,050 hard court event.
They play third seeded Russian pair of Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina, who defeated fellow Russian Maria Kirilenko and Nadia Petrova 6-4 7-5 in their semifinal.
It will be fifth final of the season for Sania, who will not compete in the rest of the season.
She won two titles this season, one with Australian Anastasia Rodionova (in Pattaya) and one with American Bethanie Mattek-Sands (in Brussels).
She ended runners-up with Vesnina at Dubai and Indian Wells.
Meanwhile, the India pair of Rohan Bopanna and Mahesh Bhupathi carshed out of the men's doubles event with a 2-6 6-7 (8) defeat at the hands of Alternate pair of Argentine Carlos Berlocq and Denis Istomin of Uzbekistan.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Tale of Two Sessions That Cost Hosts the Pune Test
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Which Visiting Spinner's Performance in India Has Been the Best?