Sania-Nuria finish runners-up at China Open
The fifth seeded Indo-Spanish pair lost 5-7 5-7 to third seeded Russian pair of Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina.
Beijing: India's Sania Mirza on Saturday ended her 2012 season on a disappointing note after she and her partner Nuria Llagostera Vives suffered a straight-set loss in the summit clash of the China Open here.
The fifth seeded Indo-Spanish pair lost 5-7 5-7 to third seeded Russian pair of Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina in the finals of the USD 4,828,050 hard court event which lasted for one hour and 36 minutes.
Playing her fifth final of the season, Sania failed to cross the last hurdle once again as her opponents converted the chances that came their way.
Sania and Nuria saved seven of the 13 break points, while their rivals saved six of the 10 break points.
While returning, the Indo-Spanish pair converted four out of 10 break points, while Makarova and Vesnina made use of six chances out of the 13 that came their way.
Sania won two titles this season, one with Australian Anastasia Rodionova (in Pattaya) and one with American Bethanie Mattek-Sands (in Brussels).
She ended runners-up with Vesnina at Dubai and Indian Wells.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion