DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sania-Rodionova suffer semi-final loss in Estoril
The second-seeded duo lost to the Kazakh pair of Yaroslava Shvedova and Galina Voskobo.
Estoril, Portugal: Sania Mirza and her partner Anastasia Rodionova crashed out of the Estoril Open after losing to the Kazakh pair of Yaroslava Shvedova and Galina Voskobo 6-3, 7-6 (6) in the women's doubles semi-finals on Thursday.
The second-seeded Indo-Australian combo fought hard before going down to third seeds in an hour and 24 minutes.
There was, however, little to differentiate between the two teams. While Sania and Rodionova saved five out of eight breakpoints in the match and converted two of their seven chances, Shvedova and Voskobo saved five of seven breakpoints and converted three out of the eight opportunities they earned.
After losing the first set 3-6, the Indo-Australian pair managed to take the second set to the tie-breaker. But the Kazakhs held their nerves to seal the set and the match.
Rodionova had beaten Sania in the 2010 Commonwealth Games women's singles final.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet