DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sania slides to 129 in singles rankings
Sania Mirza had lost in the WTA Dubai Open qualifiers in the singles event.
New Delhi: The poor singles run in recent times has further dented Sania Mirza's ranking as the Indian slipped to 129, a loss of 16 places, in the latest WTA list issued on Monday.
Sania had lost in the WTA Dubai Open qualifiers in the singles but did well in doubles by ending runners-up along with Elena Vesnina.
The runners-up finish helped Sania retain her seventh place in the doubles ranking. Sania will play in the singles event of the Malaysia Open this week.
Meanwhile, the out-of-action Somdev Devvarman has gained two places to 120 in the ATP singles rankings list.
In the doubles rankings, Leander Paes was the highest ranked Indian at number seven, closely followed by Rohan Bopanna (11) and Mahesh Bhupathi (15).
All the three Indians will feature in the Dubai Open, starting on Monday.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users