Sania slides to 129 in singles rankings
Sania Mirza had lost in the WTA Dubai Open qualifiers in the singles event.
New Delhi: The poor singles run in recent times has further dented Sania Mirza's ranking as the Indian slipped to 129, a loss of 16 places, in the latest WTA list issued on Monday.
Sania had lost in the WTA Dubai Open qualifiers in the singles but did well in doubles by ending runners-up along with Elena Vesnina.
The runners-up finish helped Sania retain her seventh place in the doubles ranking. Sania will play in the singles event of the Malaysia Open this week.
Meanwhile, the out-of-action Somdev Devvarman has gained two places to 120 in the ATP singles rankings list.
In the doubles rankings, Leander Paes was the highest ranked Indian at number seven, closely followed by Rohan Bopanna (11) and Mahesh Bhupathi (15).
All the three Indians will feature in the Dubai Open, starting on Monday.
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 2nd Test, Day 3 in Abu Dhabi
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Deserve Another Shot at International Cricket, Says Saeed Ajmal
- Samajwadi Party Live: Akhilesh Sacks Shivpal, 3 Other Ministers From Cabinet; Says Party is One
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K
- Suspected Pakistani Spy Arrested in J&K's Samba District