Sania to spearhead Indian challenge in Fed Cup
Sania will lead the four-member Indian side in the upcoming Asia/Oceania Group I tie of the Fed Cup tennis tournament.
New Delhi: Sania Mirza will lead the four-member Indian side in the upcoming Asia/Oceania Group I tie of the Fed Cup tennis tournament.
According to the team announced by the AITA on Friday, the other members are Kyra Shroff, Rutuja Bhosale and Rishika Sunkara.
Ankita Raina and Prerna Bhambri have named as reserve players for the women's team event.
India are back in the Group I after spending a year in Group II. India had beaten Hong Kong 2-1 in the promotional play-off in February 2012 to re-enter the Group I. This year's ties will be held in Astana, Kazakhstan from February 6-9.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- 'Indecision' Review System: India Get 17 Out of 55 Calls Right