Sania-Vesnina advance to Dubai final
Sania and Vesnina will face the top-seeded American pair of Liezel Huber and Lisa Raymond in the final.
Dubai: India's Sania Mirza and her Russian partner Elena Vesnina edged out Shuai Peng of China and Chinese Taipei's Su-Wei Hsieh to book a place in the doubles final of the Dubai Duty Free Women's Tennis Championships.
The second seeded Indo-Russian pair took an hour and 40 minutes to beat their opponents in the super tie-break, 6-2, 6-7 (5), 1-0 (13/11) here late Friday night. The duo converted five of the seven break points on offer while Hsieh and Peng could manage only three from eight and that proved to be their downfall.
Sania and Vesnina will face the top-seeded American pair of Liezel Huber and Lisa Raymond in the final on Saturday night. The Americans have won eight straight games and are gunning for their third consecutive title, having won in Paris (Indoors) and Doha before this.
2011 US Open champions Raymond and Huber took just 61 minutes in disposing of Nuria Llagostera Vives and Anastasia Rodionova, 6-3, 6-2.
The American duo have won eight straight games and are looking for their third consecutive title, having won in Paris and Doha before this.
- Samajwadi Party is United, No Rift Family: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Killed 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps
- Mulayam Singh Jealous of Akhilesh Yadav's Popularity: Ram Gopal Yadav
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta
- Quetta Terror Attack: Lashkar-e-Jhangvi Suspected To Be Behind The Deadly Assault