DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Sania to face Safina in third round at Acura
Sania beat Eleni Daniilidou in straight sets 7-6 (1), 6-3 in second round.
New Delhi: Sania Mirza is through to the third round of the $13,40,000 WTA Acura Classic in San Diego (California).
Sania beat Eleni Daniilidou of Greece in straight sets 7-6 (1), 6-3 and will now take on Dinara Safina of Russia in the next round.
Though the two have never played each other but given the current form of the the 20-year-old Indian, the match is likely to be a tough affair for the world No. 14 and eighth seed Russian.
Safina won her second round match beating France's Camille Pin in straight sets 6-1, 6-4.
In doubles, too, Sania continued with her winning form. She and Shahar Peer of Israel entered second round, beating Angelika Bachmann and Hana Sromova 6-4, 6-0.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO