Sania to face Safina in third round at Acura
Sania beat Eleni Daniilidou in straight sets 7-6 (1), 6-3 in second round.
New Delhi: Sania Mirza is through to the third round of the $13,40,000 WTA Acura Classic in San Diego (California).
Sania beat Eleni Daniilidou of Greece in straight sets 7-6 (1), 6-3 and will now take on Dinara Safina of Russia in the next round.
Though the two have never played each other but given the current form of the the 20-year-old Indian, the match is likely to be a tough affair for the world No. 14 and eighth seed Russian.
Safina won her second round match beating France's Camille Pin in straight sets 6-1, 6-4.
In doubles, too, Sania continued with her winning form. She and Shahar Peer of Israel entered second round, beating Angelika Bachmann and Hana Sromova 6-4, 6-0.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology