Sania to face Safina in third round at Acura
Sania beat Eleni Daniilidou in straight sets 7-6 (1), 6-3 in second round.
New Delhi: Sania Mirza is through to the third round of the $13,40,000 WTA Acura Classic in San Diego (California).
Sania beat Eleni Daniilidou of Greece in straight sets 7-6 (1), 6-3 and will now take on Dinara Safina of Russia in the next round.
Though the two have never played each other but given the current form of the the 20-year-old Indian, the match is likely to be a tough affair for the world No. 14 and eighth seed Russian.
Safina won her second round match beating France's Camille Pin in straight sets 6-1, 6-4.
In doubles, too, Sania continued with her winning form. She and Shahar Peer of Israel entered second round, beating Angelika Bachmann and Hana Sromova 6-4, 6-0.
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock
- India Shouldn't Unilaterally Scrap Indus Waters Treaty: Medha Patkar
- Confident of his Safe Return: Brother of Soldier Who Strayed Across LoC
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Journey of a Small-Town Boy With Big Dreams
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief