Sania sails into fourth round at Pacific Life Open
Sania lost the first set 6-7, but fought back to take remaining two sets.
New Delhi: Sania Mirza has reached the fourth round of the Pacific Life Open in singles.
The 21-year-old Hyderabadi earned a hard fought 6-7 (7) 7-5 6-3 victory over Shahar Peer in the third round on Sunday night at Indian Wells, California.
Sania lost the first set to the ninth seed 6-7, but fought back to take the second set 7-5. And after that Peer did not seem to revolt much.
The player from Israel won only three games in the third set to go down 7-6, 5-7, 3-6. Sania goes on to play Daniela Hantuchova in the next round.
Meanwhile, Sania and her doubles partner Bethanie Mattek have sailed through to the quarters of the doubles draw as well. Sania and Mattek beat Poutchek and Rodionova 6-2, 4-6, 10-7.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology