Yerwada Jail declines home cooked food for Sanjay Dutt
Prison manual states only undertrials, on medical grounds, can get home cooked food.
Pune: Yerwada Central Jail authorities have declined permission to give actor and 1993 Bombay blasts accused Sanjay Dutt home cooked food. Prison authorities have sought clarity from TADA court on whether Dutt can be given home cooked food since jail manual does not allow for it.
Prison manual states only undertrials, on medical grounds, can get home cooked food. "Sanjay Dutt is a convict and cannot be given the privilege," the authorities said.
Dutt, whose conviction in 1993 Bombay serial blasts case was upheld by the Supreme Court in March 2013, was brought to Yerwada Jail earlier this month. He is lodged in a separate individual cell in view of his security needs.
- Samsung Execs Meet DGCA Officials Over Galaxy Note 2 IndiGo Fire Incident
- Samsung Galaxy On8 with Android M, 3GB RAM Launched at Rs 15,900
- Mirzya New Trailer is All About Love, Passion and Music
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- Big B Has a Different Level of Passion Towards His Work: Anees Bazmee
- Kareena Kapoor is Setting Trends During Pregnancy: Soha Ali Khan
- Amitabh Bachchan Feels It's Pitiable For a Woman To Catch Culprit But Not Take Action
- Kareena Kapoor Rings In Her 36th Birthday With Ranbir, Karisma, Saif Ali Khan