Yerwada Jail declines home cooked food for Sanjay Dutt
Prison manual states only undertrials, on medical grounds, can get home cooked food.
Pune: Yerwada Central Jail authorities have declined permission to give actor and 1993 Bombay blasts accused Sanjay Dutt home cooked food. Prison authorities have sought clarity from TADA court on whether Dutt can be given home cooked food since jail manual does not allow for it.
Prison manual states only undertrials, on medical grounds, can get home cooked food. "Sanjay Dutt is a convict and cannot be given the privilege," the authorities said.
Dutt, whose conviction in 1993 Bombay serial blasts case was upheld by the Supreme Court in March 2013, was brought to Yerwada Jail earlier this month. He is lodged in a separate individual cell in view of his security needs.
Recommended For You
- National Flag Protest: Oppo India Acknowledges 'Incident', Deeply Regrets it
- Here's How Kareena Kapoor Khan Is Shedding Her Post-Pregnancy Weight
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Virat Kohli Says He is No Longer Friends With Australian Cricketers
- Spider Man Home Coming Trailer Has a Lot of Iron Man in It