Yerwada Jail declines home cooked food for Sanjay Dutt
Prison manual states only undertrials, on medical grounds, can get home cooked food.
Pune: Yerwada Central Jail authorities have declined permission to give actor and 1993 Bombay blasts accused Sanjay Dutt home cooked food. Prison authorities have sought clarity from TADA court on whether Dutt can be given home cooked food since jail manual does not allow for it.
Prison manual states only undertrials, on medical grounds, can get home cooked food. "Sanjay Dutt is a convict and cannot be given the privilege," the authorities said.
Dutt, whose conviction in 1993 Bombay serial blasts case was upheld by the Supreme Court in March 2013, was brought to Yerwada Jail earlier this month. He is lodged in a separate individual cell in view of his security needs.
Recommended For You
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- Amazing VoiceThis Kolkata Security Guard's Golden Voice Is Winning Hearts On The Internet
- Amazing videoYouTube Rewind Celebrates Videos, People And Trends That Made 2016 Memorable
- Good Old DaysAishwarya Rai's Recent Photos With Her Dance Guru Will Give You Serious Nostalgia
- Fascinating!The Circle Trailer: Emma Watson, Tom Hanks Starrer is Dark and Compelling